Technology Solutions Support
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Determined based on relevant knowledge and experience
Expires: December 18, 2020
On behalf of our client, Bay of Quinte Mutual Insurance Co., we invite applications for the newly created, full time permanent position of Technology Solutions Support with this progressive insurance company located in the heart of Prince Edward County.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Technology, the Technology Solutions Support Technician will provide technical leadership across the organization. It will include the use and maintenance of current technologies as well as adopting new technologies in order to improve insurance processing, data analysis and financial reporting efficiency.
Responsibilities & what you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute the IT strategy together with the Manager of Finance and Technology;
- Work with other departments to ensure their IT solutions are appropriate and optimal for their day-to-day duties;
- Provide support with technical challenges of staff and troubleshoot statistical issues, working towards system improvements;
- Enhance the capabilities of our custom insurance solution, Cognition+, which could involve the areas of security, storage, workflows and insurance/underwriting rules and tables;
- Collaborate with our 3rd party IT vendors to maintain back-end systems, monitor network performance, integrate new solutions and develop and maintain cybersecurity policies;
- Conduct cost and risk analysis; providing solution specifications which improve productivity, reduce costs, and enhance service delivery;
- Research the IT and insurance environment for IT solutions that could improve the efficiency of staff (i.e. use of software tools), policyholder experience or reporting for management;
- Assist in training the users/staff when new systems functionality and/or enhancements in the existing systems are promoted. Assist in the creation and maintenance of user guides and training materials;
- Special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant education or certification and/or equivalent work experience in the IT field, coupled with experience providing support to non-IT staff and working collaboratively with 3rd party vendors;
- Experience in the insurance industry would be an asset. Willingness to train and acquire knowledge of insurance business operations, functions and processes;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience working with large data sets, focusing on summarizing, extracting and reconciling data;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for effective interaction with system users/staff, management, vendors and key stakeholders;
- Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize and work independently to meet established deadlines;
- Self-driven, service focused and the ability to adapt quickly to feedback;
- Willingness to accept training to enhance breadth of knowledge and capabilities of IT solutions currently in use.
Bay of Quinte Mutual Insurance Company has been providing insurance products in Eastern Ontario since 1874. Located in the heart of Picton, it is surrounded by the beautiful beaches, farmland, wineries, and tourism centres of Prince Edward County. The Company provides a great working environment, with a dedicated and knowledgeable staff team. In addition to a competitive salary, the Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, a pension plan, a company paid mobile phone, and access to ongoing professional development.
If the opportunity to shape this new role, and contribute to the success of Bay of Quinte Mutual Insurance appeals to you, please submit your resume and cover letter in one document with Technology Solutions Support and your name in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on Friday December 18, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Bay of Quinte Mutual Insurance Co. however, only those who meet the qualifications for our position will be contacted. Accommodations will be provided to applicants to enable equitable participation in the recruitment process.